This visa is for short, specialized work that’s not ongoing and is connected to Australia’s specific interests in certain situations. You need to be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.

Benefits of the Temporary Work Visa:

With this visa:

  • You can stay in Australia for up to 3 months initially, and in some situations, extend your stay to 6 months. Your stay begins on the day you first arrive in Australia.
  • You can bring eligible family members to Australia. However, family members are not permitted to work in Australia on this visa.
  • If granted a multiple-entry visa, you can visit Australia multiple times.

Eligibility Criteria:

To qualify for this visa, you must:

  • Engage in highly specialized, short-term, and non-ongoing work or activity.
  • Possess skills or relevant experience for the work or activity you’ll be involved in.
  • Have enough financial support to sustain yourself and your accompanying members throughout your stay.
  • Obtain an invitation from the organization that’s inviting you to work in Australia.
  • Meet health and character requirements.

Work and Activity Restrictions:

  • You must complete your work or activity within 6 months or less.
  • You should not intend to stay in Australia once the visa expires.
  • No training or education courses are allowed on this visa.
  • You cannot work in the entertainment industry, including performing, directing, or producing in Australia. However, attending events like premieres or promoting bands without performing is allowed.

Financial Requirements:

You must provide evidence of your financial ability to support yourself and your family members during your stay in Australia. This includes an employment contract, bank statements or a letter from a financial institution, and allowances from your Australian employer.

Health and Character Requirements:

You and all family members included in the application must:

  • Have undergone a medical examination within 12 months before applying to meet health requirements.
  • Provide police certificates from every country you’ve lived in for more than 12 months over the past 10 years (since turning 16) to meet character requirements.

Health Insurance:

Unless your home country has a reciprocal health agreement with Australia, you must have coverage under Australia’s national healthcare scheme (Medicare) to cover all your healthcare costs during your visa duration.

Please be aware that the information provided here is meant for general understanding and should not be regarded as legal advice. For more detailed information or specific guidance, we advise consulting a one of our Registered Migration Agents or contacting the Department of Home Affairs.