Advantages of Prospective Marriage Visas:

As a holder of the Prospective Marriage 300 visa, you can:

  • Visit or stay in Australia as long as the visa is valid.
  • Study and work in Australia (at your own expense).
  • Travel in and out of Australia as many times as you like.

Note: New Zealand passport holders should inform immigration officers if they have a valid Prospective Marriage visa. Otherwise, officers may grant a subclass 444 visa, which could impact future partner visa applications.

Eligibility Criteria:

For Visa Applicants:

  • You should be 18 years of age or older.
  • You must be outside of Australia when applying and when the visa is granted.
  • Meeting the relationship criteria is essential.
  • You need to be sponsored by your fiancé/fiancée.
  • You must meet health and character requirements.
  • You should repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arrangements in place to do so.

For Sponsors:

  • You must be the fiancé of the visa applicant.
  • You should not currently hold or have held certain visas.

As a sponsor, you also need to take responsibility for:

  • Any financial obligations your fiancé owes to the Australian Government.
  • Ensuring your fiancé complies with their employment responsibilities in Australia.
  • Ensuring your fiancé follows the conditions of the visa.

You have the option to include your dependent children or stepchildren in your application. Once they are granted this visa, your family members can enjoy the same rights and visa conditions as you do.

Reach out to the Auspicious Migration team today for a thorough assessment of your eligibility for the Prospective Marriage Visa. Our skilled immigration consultants will do everything possible to assist you in uniting with your loved one through marriage.

Visa Subclasses

Partner Visa (Subclass 820 and 801)
First, you get the temporary Partner 820 visa, which allows you to live in Australia for two years. If...
Read More
Partner (Provisional and Migrant Visa) (Subclass 309/100)
Here’s how it works: You first get the temporary Provisional 309 visa, which lets you stay in Australia...
Read More