To obtain the student visa, applicants must meet the following criteria:
  • Enrolment in a registered course of study:
    Applicants must enrol in a course listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
  • Financial capacity:
    Applicants need to demonstrate sufficient financial resources to cover their course fees and living expenses for themselves and their dependent family members.
  • English proficiency:
    It is mandatory to provide evidence of English language proficiency with the visa application, or when requested by an officer; otherwise, the visa may be refused.
  • Closely controlled welfare arrangements for students under 18:
    Students under 18 years of age must have organized welfare arrangements in place while staying in Australia.
  • Accompanying Family Members:
    Applicants and their family members can apply together in the student visa application, or family members can apply to join later. Adequate funds must be available to support accompanying family members living in Australia, including newborn babies born after the visa grant.
  • Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement:
    This requirement ensures that the student visa is used for its intended purpose and not for a temporary stay in Australia.
  • Health and character:
    Applicants are required to undergo health examinations as part of the visa application process, which may take several weeks to complete. They must also answer character-related questions to assess their suitability.
  • Health Insurance (OSHC):
    Applicants must obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) at least one week before their intended arrival date in Australia. This health cover is a mandatory requirement for all overseas students studying in Australia.

With this visa, you have the following privileges:

  • Study full-time at a recognized institution in Australia.
  • Under specific conditions, you can bring your family members to Australia.
  • Depending on the type of course you are enrolled in, both you and your family members may be granted work rights.
  • If your partner is eligible, they can also study in Australia for a period of three months.
We can help you apply for this visa. As registered migration agents, we provide professional assistance and guidance that is personalized to your situation. If you want to learn more about your visa options or need help with your application, we encourage you to Schedule a Consultation with us.

Visa Subclasses

Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590)
Key Requirements for the Student Guardian Visa: Fundamental Requirements: The applicant must genuinely...
Read More