This visa is temporary and allows you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years. You can apply for this visa whether you are inside or outside of Australia.

Benefits of Visa Subclass 461:

  • With the 461 visa, you can work and study in Australia.
  • You’re allowed to travel to Australia for up to five years from the date the visa is granted.

Eligibility Requirements:

To be eligible for this visa, you must fall into one of these categories:

  • You’re the partner of a New Zealand citizen.
  • You’re their child, dependent child, or stepchild, or the partner of their child.

Health and Character Requirements:

  • You need to provide proof of medical examinations conducted within 12 months of your visa application to meet the health requirements.
  • You must also obtain police certificates from all the countries where you’ve lived for at least 12 months within the past 10 years to meet the character requirements.

Health Insurance:

It’s essential that you have coverage for all health costs under Australia’s national health scheme, Medicare.

Debts to the Australian Government:

Before your visa can be granted, you need to clear any outstanding debts you have to the Australian Government.

If you meet the requirements for this visa but are unsure how to get started, don’t hesitate to reach out to Auspicious Migration Services. Our highly knowledgeable and experienced team of registered immigration agents can assist you every step of the way, from gathering necessary documents to building a strong case for your visa application. Our aim is to ensure a smooth and disappointment-free process with the Australian Immigration Department.

Visa Subclasses

Adoption Visa (Subclass 102)
Typically, it’s the adoptive parent who submits the visa application on behalf of the child and...
Read More
Remaining Relative Visa (Subclass 115)
To apply for this visa, you must be outside Australia when you submit your application and also when...
Read More
Child Visa (SUBCLASS 802 & 101)
You’d typically apply for the 802 visa when the child is already in Australia, and the 101 visa...
Read More
Child Visa (Subclass 101 – Offshore)
You can apply for the Child Visa Subclass 101 if: Your child is sponsored by one of their parents or...
Read More